Donate to Student Musical Activities
Please help the Cal Band, UC Choral Ensembles, and UC Jazz Ensembles preserve and enhance the excellence of our teaching and performance programs on the UC Berkeley campus by donating to one or more of these talented and dedicated student music groups. As you consider your gift amount, please recognize that the University funds only a small portion of our annual budgets. The remainder of our budgets must be supported through ticket and merchandise sales, performance fees, and donations.
Receiving annual and major gift support from philanthropic-minded individuals, corporations, foundations and local organizations is the most important way our groups can thrive in a funding environment with ever-shrinking support from the state and University. Your generous charitable donations will help sustain our programs and support essential purchases such as music, instruments, equipment, and uniforms. Contributions enrich the lives and enhance the student experience of SMA members.
For more information about making a donation to a group in Student Musical Activities, please contact Brad Brennan, Director, at (510) 643-1045, (510) 643-9463 fax or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are some of the ways you can support SMA groups:
• Make a gift to the Annual Fund of any of these three groups to support where the current need is greatest.
• Contribute to the Endowment Fund of either the Cal Band or UC Choral Ensembles which generate annual income to these groups.
• The Cal Band has several scholarship funds which you may choose to support.
• You may make a gift in memory or honor of an individual. Memorial or tribute gifts are promptly reported to family members designated by the donor.
• Donations by check should be made payable to "UC Regents" and mailed to Name of Group, 72 Cesar Chavez Center #4280, Berkeley, CA 94720-4280.
• Gifts may be made easily online with a credit card. Please click on any of the links below to lead you to the University website for online giving:
• Securities transfers may be made electronically - contact the University Relations office for simple instructions at (510) 643-1964.
• Planned Gifts can be coordinated with SMA and the University's Office of Gift Planning for donors wishing to make a provision to include an SMA group in their estate plan. Options include making a bequest, or an annuity to create gifts that mutually benefit SMA groups and the donor and/or family members. Please contact Brad Brennan at (510) 643-1045 or email@example.com or the Office of Gift Planning at (510) 642-6300 or toll free at (800) 200-0575 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All financial contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Please note that the information you provide will not be released unless allowed by law. In addition a portion of your donation will go towards the cost of administering these gifts. By the tax law of 1993, donors are notified of their deductible portion of their donation. If you wish to forfeit tangible benefits and receive the full deduction, please indicate so on your gift.