3/1/22: Masks still required to attend performances through April 3
Student Musical Activities update on COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Daily Student Activity Protocols
Masks are required for entry into the César Chávez Basement. Face coverings are required at all times, with the exception of rehearsing alone in a closed practice room. Face coverings must cover both your nose and mouth and have no visible holes or openings.
Proof of Vaccination
Given current public health directives from state, local, and university authorities, we hold the right to require proof of full vaccination (defined as two weeks after your final dose) for entry to any Student Musical Activity performances until further notice. If you have any questions or want to know if we will be checking vaccination status at a particular event, please contact our Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable Methods for Proof of Vaccination
All methods will require that you display a valid photo ID. We highly recommend one of the following digital methods:
- For UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and students ONLY: A green Campus Access Badge via the UC Berkeley Mobile app (not eTang).
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California, or similar documentation issued by another state, local, or foreign governmental jurisdiction
- An authentic digital record that includes a QR code scannable by a SMART Health Card reader that accurately displays client name, date of birth, vaccine dates, and vaccine type.
Other acceptable forms of POV:
- Vaccination Card issued by the CDC or a foreign governmental jurisdiction that includes the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccine provided, and the date(s) the dose or doses were administered.
- A photo or copy of a Vaccination Card either as a hard copy or stored as a photo on a phone or electronic device.
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider.
In alignment with UC Berkeley campus policy, all patrons are required to wear masks through April 3, despite vaccination status, at all times in the venue (including throughout the performance). Cal Performances and Student Musical Activities is strongly recommending that everyone onsite wear N95, KN95, KF94, or FFP2 masks, as they have been shown to be some of the most effective at protecting against COVID-19 transmission. If these masks are not available, double masking is strongly recommended. More information on masking requirements for performances past April 3 will be formulated and shared soon.
Performance ticket holders who do not comply with these policies will not be admitted or may be asked to leave the performance.
We’ve temporarily updated our ticket refund and exchange policies in response to these protocols to give you as much flexibility as possible. Should, for any reason, a change in policy or public health conditions make you uncomfortable with your ticket purchase, or you are displaying symptoms, we will be happy to offer an exchange, credit you for a ticket donation, or issue a refund upon request.
UC Berkeley does not promise or guarantee that all patrons or employees on site are vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals may be present as a result of exemptions, exceptions, fraudulent verification, or checker error. None of these precautions eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19.